The School Store is a volunteer project of the PTO staffed by parents and alumni (and we can always use more participants!) The profit from the store ($25,000 – $30,000) is used to purchase needed items for the art areas:
- new pianos and instruments for the Music Department
- a new dance floor and guest choreographers for the Dance Department
- a new copy machine and re-rigging of the stage curtains in the Denney for the Theatre Department
- new display boards
- digital cameras
- circular saw and safety supplies for the Art Department
- We maintain the school ice machine, provide the microwave ovens and respond to principal’s requests such as TAKS snacks and painting the Alessandro Recital Hall.
As a 501C3 non-profit organization, we are allowed two “tax-free” days when we do not have to remit sales tax to the state (last year our tax savings were $1200). We have arranged for our tax-free days to coincide with our orientation days. We request and encourage you to buy all your school supplies for the year on these tax-free days to make your life easier and to allow us to keep more of our money at HSPVA. The school chairmen have worked tirelessly all summer to obtain ALL the school supplies needed for classes. We hope that you will use our School Store as your one-stop shopping destination.